Jack and Jill Nursery
We now provide childcare for children aged 6 months +
We now cater for all children from 6 months to school age. We mirror your child’s care routines from home, so much of the day is flexible to meet individual needs. Take a look at the baby unit here.
Welcome to Jack and Jill Nursery!
Jack and Jill Nursery has provided quality childcare since 1970. We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment in which children can play, learn and develop through a wide variety of exciting and engaging experiences.
Jack and Jill are situated in the heart of Corfe Mullen village and occupies the former Methodist Church. This offers a great ‘open-play’ space of approximately 2000sq foot with a fabulous ‘Big Hall’ and 2 further rooms. The nursery was completely refurbished in summer 2014 and has a new playground, new play areas, new toilets and new equipment. The rooms are light, spacious and fresh! There is a car-park for drop-off and collection.
- Open year-round (from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 5.00pm on Friday)
- Ages 6 months – 5 years
- Flexible sessions
- Funded places available
- Hot lunch available (supplement applies)
- Off-road parking
- Safety and welfare
- A secure, calm and caring environment
- Learning-by-doing and learning through fun!
By providing a positive, supportive environment with lots of engaging activities, our hope is that each child leaves us happy, confident and bursting with enthusiasm; ready to take on the challenges of school life and a whole new world of learning.
- To create a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- To encourage each child to develop to his/her full potential.
- To accept and treat each child as an individual.
- To acknowledge that the early years from birth to six are vital. Every child needs opportunities to develop self-confidence, self-esteem and a positive attitude towards the people around them and towards learning and play.
- To introduce the child to the activities, toys and learning materials which promote independence, concentration, social skills and which encompass a variety of cultural aspects.
- To ensure each child has a concrete foundation of language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- To ensure that from a solid foundation, the child grows to be confident and a competent learner for life.
- To ensure that each child feels nurtured and an important member of the group.
Jack and Jill are registered with OFSTED to care for up to 55 children from 6 months -5 years.