Jack and Jill Nursery
We welcome babies, toddlers and pre-school children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Jack and Jill Nursery has provided quality childcare since 1970. We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment in which children can play, learn and develop through a wide variety of exciting and engaging experiences.
Jack and Jill is situated in the heart of Corfe Mullen village and occupies the former Methodist Church. This offers a great ‘open-play’ space of approximately 2000sq foot. The nursery was completely refurbished in summer 2014 and has a new playground, new play areas, new toilets and new equipment. The rooms are light, spacious and fresh! There is a car-park for drop-off and collection.
The nursery offers 3 main rooms:
- The Big Hall is our pre-school area for children aged approximately 3-4
- The Toddler Room is for children aged approximately 2-3
- The Baby Unit is for babies aged approximately 3 months to 2 years
We have 2 playgrounds for the children:
The main playground is available for all the children and offers a fantastic range of activities in different areas including digging and planting, cooking in the mud kitchen, water and sand activities, story corner, and balancing, rolling, throwing and wheeling activities.
We also have a smaller playground just outside the Toddler Room which offer free-flow outside play for our younger children.
- Open year-round (from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 5.00pm on Friday)
- Ages 3 months – 5 years
- Flexible sessions
- Funded places available
- Hot lunch available (supplement applies)
- Off-road parking
- Safety and welfare
- A secure, calm and caring environment
- Learning-by-doing and learning through fun!
By providing a positive, supportive environment with lots of engaging activities, our hope is that each child leaves us happy, confident and bursting with enthusiasm; ready to take on the challenges of school life and a whole new world of learning.
- To create a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- To encourage each child to develop to his/her full potential.
- To accept and treat each child as an individual.
- To acknowledge that the early years from birth to six are vital. Every child needs opportunities to develop self-confidence, self-esteem and a positive attitude towards the people around them and towards learning and play.
- To introduce the child to the activities, toys and learning materials which promote independence, concentration, social skills and which encompass a variety of cultural aspects.
- To ensure each child has a concrete foundation of language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- To ensure that from a solid foundation, the child grows to be confident and a competent learner for life.
- To ensure that each child feels nurtured and an important member of the group.
Jack and Jill are registered with OFSTED to care for up to 55 children from 3 months-5 years.