Opening times / hours per day
- The nursery is open from 08.00 to 18.00pm Monday to Thursday and 08.00am to 17.00pm on Friday.
- We are closed on all public holidays and for one week over Christmas (please see the website for dates).
- In addition, each child has a holiday entitlement of 5 days per year pro-rata.
- Children may attend mornings, afternoons, whole days or a combination of these. The minimum booking is 6 hours per week and the minimum booking per day is 3 hours. You can book 3-8 hours per day providing that you adhere to the drop-off and collection times shown below. It is usually possible to request “extra hours” if available. Please contact us to check availability.
Drop off and collection times
- We aim to be as flexible as possible with our hours while still offering the children un-interrupted “learning times” from 09.00-12.00 and from 13.00 to 15.00. To preserve these “learning times,” please book your sessions according to the drop-off and collection times below.
- It is important that parents adhere to the Nursery hours. This is to ensure that children are not distracted from their activities and it enhances the smooth running of the Nursery.
Children maybe dropped to off at the following times:
08.00, 09.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00 (on request)
Children may be collected at the following times:
12.00, 13.00, 15.00, 16.00 onwards
If your child is unable to attend any of the sessions, you must inform the Nursery as soon as possible by phone (01202 695328) or by email: email@example.com. Please note that no refunds are given for absences.
Clothes and sundries
- Please bring a spare set of clothes (clearly labelled in a bag or rucksack) to the Nursery.
- A coat and a pair of wellies are needed during the winter months and a sun hat is needed during the summer months. We also recommend that your child has waterproofs (top and bottoms) as we use our outdoor area come rain or shine.
- From April to September inclusive, our staff will apply sun cream to all children on a regular basis on sunny days! A charge of £5 will be added to your invoices in April, June, August to cover the cost of sun cream. If you do not wish us to apply standard nursery sun-cream, please supply your own in a named bottle.
- Please provide any nappies, wet wipes or cream required. A charge of 50p per change may be charged if not supplied.
- Art aprons are provided.
Snacks and meals
- The children are provided with milk or water, and a healthy snack during each session.
Hot lunches will be available from January 2015 at a cost of £2.95 per day (please note that hot lunches should be booked at least 2 weeks in advance).
- Children should bring their own packed lunch if they do not require hot lunches.
Other essential info
- Invoices, forms, newsletters, etc will be sent via email, please provide an up-to-date email address.
- Please inform us of any allergies or other health issues.
- Records are kept of your child’s progress, which parents/carers may see on request.
- We will occasionally have trainees working with us from the Bournemouth College or other institutions for their work experience or as part of Child Care courses. This is of great benefit to the students (and to our children) and hope you will support us in continuing this.
- Jack and Jill Day Nursery will take photographs of the children to support their records and for occasional use on the website, brochure, etc. If you do not wish your child photograph to be taken please indicate this on the registration form.
- There is off-road parking for drop off / collection. Please park considerately. Max 15 minutes!
Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Jack and Jill is able to provide individual help for children with Special Educational Needs. Our staff will work alongside other professionals to provide a suitable learning environment and educational plan for each child. If you would like to discuss this further please ask to speak to our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (Nickie Clark).
Applying for a place
If you would like to apply for a place for your child, please contact us by phone or email to check availability of spaces. We will then ask you to complete our admissions form and pay a registration fee of £30. This is a non-refundable registration fee which will secure a place for your child for the sessions which have been agreed. This fee does not apply if you are only booking funded hours.
For further information please contact us