Please see our fees page for full terms and conditions
Sessions / opening times / hours per day
- We are open year-round from 08.00 – 18.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 – 17.00 on Friday.
- We close for approximately 1 week over Christmas / New Year. We are also closed on bank holidays / public holidays.
- Our minimum booking is for 2 sessions per week however we recommend a minimum of 3-4 sessions per week to enable children to fully benefit from the curriculum.
- All sessions are subject to availability.
- Please see the table below for our session options.
- Please note that funded hours are available on a “year-round, stretched basis” only.
- Please note that due to high demand for morning sessions, we do not usually offer “mornings only.”
- Please note that we are open all year and we do not generally accept term-time only bookings.
- Registration fee – for children who pay for some or all of their sessions, we charge a non-refundable registration fee of £100
||Session times and options
||08.00 – 13.00 (5 hours)
|08.00 – 16.00 (8 hours)
|08.00 – 17.00 (9 hours)
|08.00 – 18.00 (10 hours)
||13.00 – 17.00 (4 hours)
||13.00 – 18.00 (5 hours)
We are required by Ofsted to follow-up all absences so if your child is unable to attend any of their sessions, please inform the nursery as soon as possible by phone (01202 695328), by email (email@example.com) or using the Famly app. If possible, please notify us in advance.
Please note that no refunds are given for absences (including absences due to illness, holidays, etc).
The nursery is closed for approximately 1 week between Christmas and New Year and we are also closed on bank / public holidays. Any “paid” sessions on the days we are closed will not be charged for. Please note that we do not offer any additional holiday allowance and any sessions missed due to holidays will be charged at your normal rate. Please notify us at least 4 weeks in advance of your holiday plans.
Clothes and sundries
- Please provide a spare set of clothes (clearly labelled in a bag or rucksack).
- A coat and a pair of wellies are needed during the winter months and a sun hat is needed during the summer months. We also recommend that your child has waterproofs (top and bottoms) as we use our outdoor area come rain or shine.
- From April to September parents MUST apply sun cream before their child comes into the setting. Staff will re-apply a sensitive skin, high factor sun cream to all children on a regular basis on sunny days. This is included in your fees. If your child is allergic to sun-cream, please contact us to discuss.
- Please provide nappies, wet wipes and creams in a clearly named bag. If these are not supplied, we may charge £2 per session for the days when nappies etc are not provided.
- Art aprons are provided.
Snacks and meals
- The children are provided with milk or water and a healthy snack during each session. This is included in your fees / consumables charge.
- Optional hot lunches are available at a cost of £3.40 per day for a 2-course freshly-cooked hot lunch.
- Children should bring their own packed lunch if they do not require hot lunches. Packed lunches should be healthy and nutritious and must not include sweets, nuts or sugary or fizzy drinks.
- Please note that the nursery is a NUT FREE environment so please do not give your child any products with nuts.
Other essential info
- Invoices, forms, newsletters, etc will be sent via email or via the Famly app. Please ensure that we have an up-to-date email address for you.
- Please inform us of any allergies, health issues and any other issues (such as emotional or family issues) which may have an effect on your child.
- Records are kept of your child’s progress, which parents/carers may see on request.
- We will occasionally have trainees working with us from the Bournemouth College or other institutions for their work experience or as part of Child Care courses. This is of great benefit to the students (and to our children) and hope you will support us in continuing this.
- Jack and Jill Day Nursery will take photographs of the children to support their records and for occasional use on the website, Facebook, brochure, etc. If you do not wish your child photograph to be taken please indicate this on the registration form.
- There is off-road parking for drop off / collection. Please park considerately. Max 15 minutes!
Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Jack and Jill is usually able to provide individual help for children with Special Educational Needs. Our staff will work alongside other professionals to provide a suitable learning environment and educational plan for each child. If you would like to discuss this further please ask to speak to our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (Sally Jameson).
Applying for a place
If you are interested in booking a place for your child, please call or email us to have an initial chat and arrange a visit to the nursery. We offer all prospective children at least one free trial session.
If you would then like to apply for a place for your child, we will ask you to complete our registration form and pay a registration fee or administration fee to secure your place. Please see below for details.
Administration fee for fully funded children – for children aged 3+ who are fully funded (and do not pay for any sessions), we charge a non-refundable administration fee of £50. Please note that “Funded 2’s” are not required to pay this fee.
Registration fee – for children who pay for some or all of their sessions, we charge a non-refundable registration fee of £100.
For further information, please contact us